The Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR15/M4 carbines using mil-spec sized receiver extension tubes. A storage-capable version of the CTR®, the STR has improved cheek weld and two water resistant battery tubes on a compact, reinforced polymer A-frame design.
A shielded operation lever and supplemental friction locking system prevent accidental operation and minimize excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy.* The STR incorporates two integral sling loops, a reversible push-button QD sling mount, and a replaceable 0.30" thick rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others (please see the note below)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock. Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries.
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug.
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life.
- Sloping cheek weld provides a wide contact surface for user comfort.
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation.
- Replaceable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection.
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear – Reversible Type 1 Sling Mount fits up to 1.5" push-button QD swivels (swivel not included)
- Rear/Bottom – 1.25" sling loops
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. If you have a commercial-spec extension on your rifle, make sure to order the Commercial-Spec STR.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations Controlled Product
STR Carbine Stock, Mil-Spec
- Weight: 12.3 oz.
- Weight, w/receiver extension: 16.3 oz.
- Length, max: 7.3 in.
- Width, max: 2.6 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.3 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: ~10.9 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: ~14.2 in.
* Friction lock performance may vary depending on the host receiver extension's dimensional tolerances.
** Specifications based on standard-length (flat-back) M4 Carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.
WARNING: Observe safe firearm handling practices at all times. Failure to do so may result in serious bodily injury or death. Magpul Industries shall not be responsible for injury, death, or property damage resulting from faulty installation, misuse, illegal use, or modification of this product.
EXPORT NOTICE: This is an item controlled for export by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). These controls take the form of export regulations and license requirements.
As part of the express consideration provided for receipt of Magpul's goods, technical data and/or services, you, our customer, acknowledge that the export, re-export or other transfer, directly or indirectly, of the goods, technical data and/or services provided by Magpul in violation of U.S. law is prohibited. Customers acquiring ITAR goods, technical data and/or services from Magpul shall be responsible for obtaining any necessary U.S. or other government authorization required to ensure compliance with applicable export laws.