The next-generation Magpul PMAG 40 GEN M3 is a 40-round 5.56x45 NATO (.223 Remington) polymer magazine for AR15/M4 compatible weapons. Along with expanded feature set and compatibility, the GEN M3 integrates new material technology and manufacturing processes for improved durability, strength and authenticity to exceed rigorous military operation specifications.
While the GEN M3 is optimized for Colt-spec AR15/M4 platforms, modified external and internal geometry also permits operation having a wide range of additional weapons such as the HK® 416/MR556A1/M27 IAR, British SA-80, FN® SCAR™ MK 16/16S, and others.
The PMAG 40 GEN M3 features a long-life stainless steel spring, four-way anti-tilt follower and constant-curve internal geometry for reliable feeding, and simple tool-less disassembly to ease cleaning.
Additionally, a redesigned bolt grab notch in the rear of the magazine supplies increased bolt grab clearance, even while an over-travel stop on the backbone can help to ensure the magazine won't over-insert on harmonious weapons. Low profile ribs and new competitive back and front texture gives positive control of the GEN M3 in most environments, and a paint pen dot matrix has been added to the bottom panel of the body to allow easy marking by the end user for identification. The new, easy to disassemble flared floorplate helps extraction and handling of the magazine when providing improved drop protection, but is slightly slimmer than before for better compatibility with tight double and triple magazine components. An added pop-off Impact/Dust Cover can optionally be used to reduce debris intrusion and safeguard against potential injury to the top cartridge during storage and transit.
Made in U.S.A.
- Next-generation impact and crush resistant polymer construction
- Altered dimensions allow for wider compatibility with non Colt-spec platforms
- Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
- Self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
- Long life stainless steel spring.
- Over-travel insertion stop on the backbone
- Ribbed gripping surface and fresh competitive back and front texture for positive magazine tackling
- Paint pen dot matrix panels on the bottom of the body to allow for identification marking
- Flared floorplate helps magazine tackling and disassembly yet is slim enough for use with a Great
- Deal of double and triple components
- Pop-off Impact/Dust Cover to lessen debris intrusion and for ammo protection in storage and transit